The gift of communicating effectively can be critical to an individual’s success in the workplace. Come learn the skills critical to building solid working relationships and become aware of your preferred communication style and those of your co-workers.
Discover the differences in personal communication styles that can hinder your ability to influence and persuade. Develop ways to adapt your style according to circumstance and opportunity. Learn how to make “work relationships” function smoothly and avoid needless workplace conflict.
“Workplace Essentials” is a 1-day workshop that focuses on increasing your ability to influence your colleagues and supervisors with the objective of improving work relationships. The result is a more productive and positive working environment.
- Learn the “best / preferred” communication practices used by an effective workforce
- Understand how to influence and motivate your colleagues
- Examine how to preserve and enhance your professional relationships while successfully being able to influence in the face of competing priorities
- Discover the difference between giving direction and providing information
- Determine how and when to give various forms of Feedback as an Individual Contributor
- Identify the “command” aspect and “content” aspect of your communication style
- Practice adapting your “style” to suit the needs of special situations and individuals with different needs
- Examine various power bases available, when you have accountability without having “position” power”
Want to learn more about Workplace Essentials? Contact us.