Performance Management is a crucial skill for anyone supervising the work of others. It can range from a casual conversation to an annual performance appraisal process that impacts raises and promotions. As a manager, you can establish a communication system that drives superior performance and value from each employee. Goals-focused performance planning sessions and performance appraisals can foster a true commitment to success within each employee. Consistent, fair and useful performance management practices benefit the employee, the manager, and the entire organization.
Performance Management Objectives
In this module, you will:
- Understand why it’s important to provide both positive and constructive feedback on a consistent basis
- Practice setting SMART objectives that drive productivity
- Learn to create an environment of mutual respect where regular performance feedback becomes part of your work style
- Walk through the difficult conversation – telling someone the hard news
- Hone your new skills when you practice giving and receiving feedback
Want to learn more about Performance Management? Contact us.